Home and School Association Overview Parents and teachers maintain an active Home and School Association for the purpose of better understanding the challenges that both teachers and parents face. In view of this all parents/guardians, family, and friends of the school are encouraged to attend Home and School functions.
Home and School Association Purpose To unite the home, the school, and the church in their endeavors to provide excellent Christian education and to enhance the learning environment for the students and staff of Aboite Christian School.
Home and School Association Objectives
- To educate parents in cooperation with the church and the school in their work of fostering the development of the whole child – “the harmonious development of the physical, the mental, and the spiritual power”.
- To promote cooperation between home and school and provide an opportunity for parents and teachers to develop a positive relationship in their interests of the students.
- To give guidance for establishing in the home an atmosphere of love and discipline in which Christian values can be instilled in students through Bible study, prayer, family worship, and the example of the parents.
- To support the school in its effort to provide the principles of Christian education to all students.
- To represent the interests of parents with those responsible for making educational policies and programs, new facilities, equipment and learning resources.
- To provide suggestions to the administration and school board for curriculum improvement and policy development.
- To promote frequent communication between home and school by encouraging parents to visit the school and teachers to visit the homes of students.
- To organize volunteer activities for fundraising and to provide additional resources for the school not provided by the church or conference.
- To make an earnest endeavor to provide ways for disadvantaged children to attend the school so that no child will miss the opportunity of a Christian education.